| Kuttner lays it the work ahead once Obama is re-elected:
Thanks to his exceptional luck in drawing Romney as his opponent, Obama will probably win a narrow re-election despite the dismal recovery.
But on Wednesday morning, a struggle begins within the Democratic Party to save him (and us) from himself -- to keep him from agreeing to a budget deal that will only slow growth, needlessly sacrifice Social Security and Medicare, and make the next four years much like the last four years.
What a waste, what a pity. Democrats should be resisting the economic lunacy and political sway of an extremist Republican Party. Instead, they will be working to keep their own president from capitulating to fiscal folly.
READ IT ALL.
We can hardly count on our two Democratic Senators to stand firm against their Far-Right Wing peers in the senate.
(And this is where the never-ending lies of those like Bill O'Reilly, Rush Liambaugh, Mike Rosen and Jon Caldara pay off: 1) they've been calling us "far-left" for years, 2) they've bullied Democrats further and further to the right on policy with their rhetoric, and 3) by me calling these truly radical Republican senators "far right" the press can say "See, both sides do it!" write off the fact-based criticisms and carry on with their "fair and balanced" fantasy political reporting.
Let's never forget the kind of people Udall and Bennet are dying to be bipartisan with and the policies and tactics they've promoted since Obama became president:
- Republican Senator Mitch McConnell's primary goal is to make Obama a one-term president.
- Republican Senator Lindsey Graham has been saying we should prepare to attack Iran since at least 2010.
- Republican Senator Tom Coburn placed "secret holds" on so much legislation, aid for Haiti, sales of government property, TSA funding, etc... that even Republicans had to agree to eliminate the tactic.
- Republican Senator Jim DeMint pledged to "break" Obama over a health care "Waterloo".
- Republican Senator John McCain's constant warmongering over Iran, Syria, and Egypt.
- Republican Senator Jon Kyl comparing the embassy attack in Syria to rape victims.
- Republican Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III of Alabama. Need I say more? And,
- Republican Senator Jim Inhofe and his hideous, immoral and ignorant views on global climate change and warming.
- Republican Senator Chuck Grassley, he of "pull the plug on grandma" fame, with various and sundry lies.
Wednesday, November 7, is coming up fast. I urge you to get ready to double your efforts to prevent Obama and Democratic members of congress from signing away your Social Security and cementing into place The Military Industrial Complex we were warned about 50 years ago by a Republican president.
That is the unspoken goal they have already started planning for.....