Will the president run against a policy in the campaign only to try to implement it the day he's sworn in? He's done it before, continues to do it now, and, sadly, I think will continue further if re-elected.
I have a feeling that nobody in the country knows who any of these people are or care. But I suspect that's not the point. This is all about building the Village consensus.
They're coming to Denver on September 21.
They will get nothing but good press, while the truth gets drown out by the noise and exhaust of a big shiny bus that says we have to gut Social Security or we'll all die now. And Mark Udall and Michael Bennet will be there to cheer on these sophisticated liars and their shiny objects.
• Former Senators Alan Simpson (R-WY), Pete Domenici (R-NM), Sam Nunn (D-Ga.), and Judd Gregg (R-N.H.)
• Former Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D-TN) and Tom Coleman (R-MO)
• Hon. Erskine Bowles
• Former Director of the OMB and CBO Alice Rivlin
• Former Chairmen of the Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan and Paul Volcker
• Former DNC Chairs and Governors Ed Rendell and Roy Romer
• Former RNC Chairs and Senators Bill Brock and Mel Martinez
• Former Presidential candidate H. Ross Perot, Sr.
• Former AARP CEO Bill Novelli
• Former Lockheed Martin CEO Norm Augustine
• Former SEIU CEO Andy Stern
• Former Deloitte CEO Mike Cook
• Sojourners CEO Rev. Jim Wallis
• Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina